Camper Guidelines for Kamp Modoc Campground
These guidelines have been developed for your family’s safety and comfort.
Please read and obey all rules and posted signs.
This property is privately owned.
- Only one camper unit per site (additional fee for extra tents) and one family per unit. A family consists of mom, dad and up to 3 dependent, unmarried children under 18. Extra charges for additional persons.
- Only one vehicle permitted per campsite. All others must park in visitor parking area.
- QUIET HOURS are 11pm till 8am. These hours are strictly enforced. Respect your fellow campers. Please keep radios down and noise to a minimum. If you cannot abide by quiet time guideline, you will be asked to leave the park without refund of camp fees. CURFEW – All children under 18 must be at their campsite by 10pm unless accompanied by a responsible adult.
- ELECTRIC GOLF CARTS with working headlights are permitted. Golf carts must stay on gravel roadways and observe posted speed limits. Golf cart operators must be licensed drivers 18 & over, purchase $25.00 annual golf cart permit and show proof of liability insurance.
- We ask that you respect other campers privacy and refrain from walking or riding bikes through their sites. Please use roadways.
- Please leave your site as clean as you found it.
- No cutting or pruning of trees whether dead or alive on campground or neighboring properties.
- Everyone must register at the office when first entering the campground. We know that many of our camping guests may have guests of their own who want to visit them while they are at Kamp Modoc. ALL VISITORS MUST REGISTER at the office and pay a visitors fee. No check-in of visitors after 8pm. All visitors must leave the park by 10pm. All those not registered are trespassing.
- Campfires are permitted in designated areas only. Please use fire rings where provided. Never leave your campfire unattended. Remember fire rings stay hot long after the fire goes out. Watch your children closely. Please make sure your campfire is extinguished before retiring for the night. Do not move fire rings without checking with a park employee.
- No bike riding after dark and minimal use of golf carts after 11pm.
- All enclosed buildings are smoke free (including restroom/showers, pavilion, cabins, lodge and rental campers). Please do not throw butts on the ground.
- Speed limits and one way signs – Park speed limit is 5MPH. Please observe the speed limit and all one way signs. Pedestrians, especially children, always have the right-of-way at Kamp Modoc.
- PETS – We feel that your pet is part of your family and is welcomed as such, but please keep your pet on a 6′ leash at all times. Please have a copy of pet vaccination papers upon check-in. Pets are not to be tied up outside unattended. If you leave for the day, please take your pet with you. Please do not leash pets to trees. Barking dogs annoy neighboring campers. Please respect other campers. Your pet MUST be cleaned up after. Due to insurance requirements and for the safety of all of our guests, we ask that all aggressive breed dogs (Pit Bulls, Rottweilers & Dobermans) be left at home.
- Controlled use of alcoholic beverages are permitted but restricted to your campsite only.
- All gray and black water must be kept in an enclosed container and disposed of at the dump stations. No gray water on top of ground.
- PLEASE help us keep YOUR restrooms clean. Children 12 years & younger MUST be accompanied by an adult. No washing of dishes or clothes in restrooms. Plastic bags from portable toilets are NOT TO BE disposed of in toilets. If restroom facilities need attention, please notify management.
- Most importantly – camping is not risk free. It takes the careful attention of everyone to help prevent accident & injuries; therefore we ask that you constantly supervise your children around your campsite, the lake/swim zone areas and the playground.
We hope you enjoy your experience at Kamp Modoc and we look forward to your return visit!